Thursday, December 31, 2009

Would you like to Swing on a Star?


I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours.  We've been spending time with family, reading, relaxing, napping, reading some more, napping, reading some more ... well, you get the picture.

It's been FOREVER since I have posted!  I know ... what have I been doing with all that "spare" time?  Brendan's birthday party in coming up fast and it is a Medieval theme.  So, we've been researching games and activities that from that era.  Did you know that they bowled back then?!  Of course a catapult is a must (with sheep and cows to toss - LOL) and Sabrina wants to be in charge of the stockade.  I'm still thinking on that one. 

On to the card!  Under the Stars is a great "outdoorsy" stamp set.  I think the bear is kinda scary but holding a string of stars he's adorable.  Especially paper-pieced in silly patterns.  Think of all the possibilites with colors and stringed shapes!  He could be holding hearts for Valentines and paper-pieced in reds/pinks.  (Real Bears Wear Pink!).  We have a wonderful heart punch that gives you three hearts in one punch.  And they are just the right size for "stinging".  Just click on the link to the left access our catalog and place your order!  The stars are made with our Star Punch from scraps of Designer Series Papers and the string is a natural hemp.  The buttons are simply a small one on top of a large one.  I tied them together with floss and stuck them on with a glue dot.  Both buttons come from our Stampin' Up collections.

As you can see the words are in an arc.  This stamp is actually from our Crazy for Cupcakes set.  I've always been puzzled by what to do with a stamp that have the words in an arc.  I have never really used them because I felt the arc had to match the image I was stamping around.  Yep, that's the perfectionist in me ... with a dash of engineer.  If the arcs didn't line up (meaning if they weren't concentric) well, forget it.  I just couldn't deal with that.  The stamp went back into the box.  But here's a solution to the problem.  I stamped the words on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock, punched it out with a Circle Punch, and added the buttons to mark the center.  I think it works well, what do you think?  See that "comment" thingy below?  Click on it and leave me a message.

Check back tomorrow, I've got a New's Year card that is just begging to be posted!

1 comment:

  1. You created the perfect way to use the words in the arc! Love it! And the buttons are the perfect way to mark the center. Another great card, Joanne! And you are right, that bear is a little scary but I think when he has a string of hearts, one would definitely think he has a soft heart.

    ReplyDelete