Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside ...


Sorry it's been so long since my last post.  We've had a busy week!  Brendan turned 9 on Tuesday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDAN!  We went to see Avatar in 3D.  I hate wearing those silly glasses but the movie was soooo cool.  If you haven't seen it yet I'd recommend it.  I know it's long but both our kids were glued to the screen the entire movie.  There are definately battle scenes but there is no blood.  Some poor language too but I think Brendan was too busy with the visuals.  The special effects are fantastic ... I wish my garden looked like that, minus the scarey creatures of course!

Yesterday was Brendan's Medieval Birthday Party.  What possesses me to have the party at the house every year is beyond my comprehension.  And in January I can't exactly plan on sending them outside.  We had 18 third graders and 1 first grader.  It was utter chaos!  Thank goodness we had a stockade ... just kidding.  Everyone had a great time and Brendan is so lucky to have such wonderful friends! 

After the party and a short nap, Mom desperately needed some stamping therapy!

Here is what I came up with...


What's more relaxing than coloring?!  I stamped the image with Jet Black Stazon ink and used my Water Color Crayons on Watercolor Paper.  The Aquapainter makes it so easy!  Just a gentle squeeze and I've got fresh water on my brush.  A quick wipe on a paper towel cleans my brush between colors.  These frozen friends are from our Holiday Line Up stamp set!  The Designer Series Paper is from our Sweet Pea collection (Occasions Mini Catalog) and our Tail Tales collection.  I'm sure you recognize our Bold Brights brads.  The "Thanks So Much" greeting is from our versatile Trendy Trees set.  I hope this inspires you to color your world!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card Joanne! Your watercoloring is so awesome! And I still need to order that paper! I'm liking it more and more every time I see you use it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete