Saturday, January 16, 2010

More Candles and Big Wishes!


OK, I have to admit I LOVE our new re-positionable stamps and clear blocks!  I used our new set Whimsical Words (which I got FREE through Sale-A-Bration) along with our D sized clear block for this project.  It was so GREAT to be able to see exactly where I was stamping!  I can definitely see myself using clear mount stamps in the future - I'm hooked!



For the focal point I used various sized circle punches (1 3/4", 1 3/8", and 1").  I wadded up the larger circle and then smoothed it out before using it.  I thought that little trick added texture without "bulking up" with another layer.  The twine ties a short piece of Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon (don't throw out those 3" scraps!) to the top of a  Pumpkin Pie corderoy button.  That cute do-dad is mounted with a glue dot to my stack of circles.  The background papers in our new Sweet Pea collection are wonderful!  Don't you agree?  The Taken with Teal and Pumpkin Pie combination really make this project happy and cheerful - just like birthdays are suppose to be!  Add wide striped Pumpkin Pie ribbon and a couple buttons - Voila!

Stop by tomorrow to see another idea using our Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration products!  You can view the contents of these catalogs by clicking on the cover image to the left.  Yep ... right over there!  If you want your own copy to leisurely browse while snuggled in front of the fire ... leave me a comment or send me an email - I'll get one out to you via "snail mail".  Place an on-line order through my website (also on your left) and have your goodies sent directly to you!  Gotta' love those "boys in brown" when they're coming to your door with a Stampin' UP box!

1 comment:

  1. Joanne I love this card! So festive. The color combination is perfect! And again, that beautiful Sweet Pea paper! That little piece or ribbon added to the corduroy button is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete