Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome Baby Boy!


Sabrina and I went to see The Blindside today.  What a great movie!   And it's a true story!  Of course, I cried.  I'm a sucker for emotional movies.  (sniff)  It made me wonder "What have I done lately that helped someone or made them smile?"  Surely I have never done anything so giving as she did.  Her compassion for the boy was so humbling.  The lesson that acts of kindness help us all, the giver and the reciever, really struck home with me.  Did you see how the whole family was involved?  I nearly cheered when the daughter went to sit next to Mike in the library!  (smile .... sniffle) 


So, interrupted by the movie, I only got one of the baby gift towers done today.  What do you think?  Not your typical color combination but pulled from the Sweet Pea paper were Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, and Close to Cocoa!  The gifts inside required me to make the boxes a little larger.  Stacked on top of one another and tied up with our wide striped ribbon (Pumpkin Pie on this project), makes for a pile of presents!

Once again I used the 1 1/4", 1 3/8", and our Scallop Circle punches. This time I used a little bling with orange colored rhinestones found in my craft room. I think they add just the right amount of pizzazz!

I hope you find time to stop back tomorrow to see my Welcome Baby Girl project!



1 comment:

  1. Loved both of your "boxed up" gifts. Where did you get the box patterns?

    ReplyDelete