Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My "Why"


I've been asked questions from "How long have you been a Stampin' UP demonstrator?" to "What prompted you to join Stampin' UP?"  The answer to first question is simple - over 10 years!  WOOT!  The answer to the second is easy too - just a bit longer. 

Since I was young, I've always enjoyed crafting.  I have flirted with knitting (LOTS of blankets made for my brothers as I was growing up), crocheting, sewing (I couldn't hold a candle to my mother's talents), hooked rugs, painting (a complete failure at this one), and of course ... macrame.  Now, don't laugh at that last one because we've ALL done it!  Yes, I made the plant hangers and the owls with beaded eyes.  I know you remember those.  I would kick those out like crazy!  Then I had an inspiration - why not sell those cute little owls sitting on branches!?  After all, my mother told me they were wonderful!  So I made all kinds - big, small, three in a row on one branch ... you name it and I could knot it.  Then it happened.  Either the owls weren't so cute any more or I had exhausted by customer base.  Believe me, every member of my family and all my neighbors within walking distance had an owl hanging on their family room wall (or in their closet somewhere but hey, a sale is a sale).  So ended my macrame days. 
Much later in life, a wonderful thing happened - I met my upline at a church function.  We made a few cards for shut-ins, had a few laughs, and throughly enjoyed ourselves.  It was soooo gratifying to be creating something again!  In the company of friends made it all the better.  I signed up as a demonstrator within weeks.  My initial desire was to "feed" my hobby.  And Stampin' UP has turned out to be all of that and more.  Creativity, friendship, pride, charity, and getting paid for having all the fun I can stand!  I wouldn't leave it for the world!

Stampin' Up! welcomes both hobby stampers and career demonstrators with our customized Starter Kits!

How Does Joining SU! work for a Hobby Stamper?

• Save 15% on the Starter Kit and choose a Bonus Stamp Set (valued to $47.95*). Ends March 31.

• Chose from Two Kits: The Standard Starter Kit (Now $169) and Digital Plus Starter Kit (Now $157 - pictured here) offer over $295 in Stampin' Up! products and include free shipping. Customize the kit with your choice of stamp sets, ink colors and more (of equal or less value).

• Sign Up On-line. Get immediate benefits. Simply email me for my password.

• Fill your Wish List! Receive 30% off your first order of $150 or more plus qualify for hostess benefits. During Sale-A-Bration you'll also earn 3 free gifts with a $150 order (one for every $50 in product).

• Enjoy 20% off every day.

• Imagine being able to view and order select new stamps and products one month in advance of catalog releases!

• There's no obligation to sell or hold workshops and no penalty if you decide to drop. You keep all your goodies.

• To remain active, $300 in total retail sales is required per quarter. This includes your own purchases and customer sales (based on retail prices).

• Join now! The end of the first full quarter isn't until June 30. You would be guaranteed discounts and benefits until then.

• If your sales reach $300 by June 30, you remain active through September 30 (third quarter). Your discounts continue through the release of the new 2010-2011 catalog (July 1) and the new In Colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment