Friday, April 2, 2010

In the Garden


Hello again, friends.  I have more to share with you today on this beautiful Good Friday.  I've been busy creating my pages for next week's Scrapbooking Event.  As you can see, the spring weather has me thinking of my garden.  I just love the garden and lots of flowers.  My favorites are in shades of blue, yellow, purple and pink.  A splash of white here and there makes everything sparkle!  These pictures are from last year and they make me smile.



You may have noticed that crepe paper is the latest embellishment in the world of paper crafting.  I am thrilled!  Remember making crepe paper flowers when you were little?  I created some flowers in white and pink for this page.  The green leaves are Certainly Celery cardstock and punched from our Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch.  (You can find it in our Occasions Mini Catalog.  There is a link on the left.)  I toned them down a bit by painting on some Certainly Celery ink with an Aquapainter.  It helped to soften the starkness of the plain cardstock.



I also used crepe paper (4 lengths sewed together) as a soft feature on the page. The edges were punched with our Scallop Edge punch. My background papers are from our Tea Party collection. I adore this paper ... the colors are gorgeous. Don't you agree?


Thanks for visiting today. Be sure to see our April special promotion below. I can imagine beautiful projects created from our featured set and the other sale items. You'll be seeing Trendy Trees from me soon!

1 comment:

  1. Joanne, these pages are gorgeous! I love the crepe paper flowers and scalloped edge. I have been wanting to try using crepe paper. I can't wait for the class!

    ReplyDelete