Tuesday, May 25, 2010

For You ...


I hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday.  It was warm today and the sunshine felt glorious after the rains we've been having.  Now the doors are open wide to the outside and the birds are singing their evening songs.  I have flats and pots of flowers waiting for me to plant them ... I look forward to the long weekend.

I'm happy to share today's project and tell you that it has been submitted to two of my favorite blogs and a newly discovered blog that is sure to become a regular stop for me.

The color combination of pink and green has to be one of my favorties ... especially for a soft feminine gift such as this. The ladies at The Creative Card Crew have put these colors together for this week's challenge.  I'm sure their blog will be filled with luscious shades of pink and green in the coming days.  

The Shabby Tea Room is inspiring us to use polka dots this week.  How could I resist?  The papers found in our Tea Party collection are perfect.  The pink polka dot paper is one of my favorites and the flowered print has it's own set of polka dots in the pattern.  The "forest of trees" in the lower left softens the strong colors of the card and offers a place to rest your eyes.




Another favorite blog of mine is The City Crafter and this week the challenge is in the form of a recipe.  Our ingredients are "1 ribbon, 2 papers, and 3 flowers"...how fun!  I started with our gorgeous papers and added the crinkled goodness of dyed seam binding.  Our Gold Glow Smooch Sprintz works magic, don't you agree?  The flowers are from our Sweet Pea Stitched Felt assortment.  I think they look lovely nestled in a ring of glittered chipboard.  The chipboard is from Lots of Letters and the Old Olive glitter sparkles in our Fine Supernova assortment.  I love how the glitter and the felt leaves are both just the right shade of Old Olive.

The sweet little tag is stamped in Basic Black Classic ink and uses a Vintage Labels greeting ... "For You".  With a 1" Circle Punch, it's the perfect size for this heartfelt thanks.




I hope you enjoyed your visit today.  Thank you for stopping by and I'd love to hear from you.  You can see more challenge submissions at The Shabby Tea Room and The City Crafter and The Creative Card Crew  I'm sure you will be inspired to create beautiful things  for your friends and families too. 

.

10 comments:

  1. Joanne ... I simply {heart} everything about your lovely design! Those papers work so well together, the smooch spray on the seam binding looks yummy and the little felties are precious! Wonderful job ... thanks for sharing your talents with us all this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The 3 flowers are just outstanding! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Love the flowers and your bow is so elegant. Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne, this card is so beautiful. I just know that in person that glitter and smooch spritz are much more dazzling. And again your selection of printed papers is amazing and that bow is so heart-warming. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. The elements work so great together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so Pretty.. I love it. Your flowers are so pretty.. and all that glitter is just the right touch..
    Have fun planting this weekend..

    Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love all the textures and lovelies:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the felt flowers and seam binding. :)

    Thanks for playing at CCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card, love that glitter thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete