Friday, May 28, 2010

Simplicity


Sometimes we just have to slow down.  Summer helps me to do that.  While others are running here and there, I spend hours in the garden enjoying the textures and colors.  Feeling the warm breezes and best of all ... digging in the dirt.  It relaxes me.  I have two projects to share with you.  Both are simple by comparison.  I hope you enjoy them.



Scraps of a variety of Designer Series Papers were used to define my color scheme.  Pulling the colors from the flowered patterned paper (Tea Party) ...  Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery compliment each other well.  With such beautiful papers it was easy to find patterns in those colors.  A large chipboard circle layered on a scallop circle provided the perfect landing pad for my winged friend created with our Butterfly Punch.  My greeting is from Only Ovals ... a new set for me that just arrived this week...beautiful.  The Pretty In Pink Corduroy Button is the perfect embellishment for the soft accents ... white ric-rac and Old Olive Striped Grosgrain ribbons.


My second project is masculine and one of my favorite stamp sets to "set the tone" is Beware Pirates. Funny ... I know. I just love the ship embossed in Black Detail Embossing Powder. On Kraft cardstock, it's very rugged. Of course a bit of distressing around the edges and a simple black button with Natural Hemp adds to the look. The greeting from Three Little Words is simple and to the point.  With the Word Window and Modern label punches your message is clean and crisp.  Brads from the Vintage collection and Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon complete the look.


I'm so glad you took the time to "slow down".  I hope you enjoyed today's projects.  Come back for a visit, I'll have more to share soon.

.

1 comment: