Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spooky ...


I just love Halloween.  I don't know if it's the fall colors, the fun in dressing up, or the "trick or treating".  Maybe it's the candy corn?  I recall dumping my "bag of loot" on the family room floor and finding all the coconut bars for my Mom.  Candy corn and chocolate for me ... Almond Joys and Mounds for Mom!  Good memories.

We had a "banner party" yesterday and it was so fun!  I wanted to share with you the banner my daughter and I made.  Isn't it fantastic?!  (Click on the images for a better view.)  I'm going to hang it over our bowl of candy corn - maybe we should have made it read "Don't Touch!"?  The upcoming mini catalog from Stampin' Up is super cool.  I will have it posted on my sidebar later this week ... be sure to stop back for a visit.




The ribbon is Pumpkin Pie 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain.  I like to use Jumbo Eyelets on the ends of the banner when using this wider ribbon.  In between each pennent are regular eyelets with ribbon bows holding everything together.  The letters are On Board Alphabet Soup - painted and glittered by Sabrina.  She also did an awesome job creating these rosettes!  We glittered the edges with Dazzling Diamonds ... I've never found anything with more sparkle. 





Lots of bats on this banner - created with our Bitty Bat Large punch!  And the flower was created with Basic Black Cardstock in the same manner as I make my white flowers (see older posts).  I sprayed it with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz and I must say ... WOW!  This flower really shimmers!  An orange jewel was perfect for the center.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  This project is also posted at Simon Says Stamp and Show.  This week they celebrate the artwork of Tim Holtz.  He is the master of distressing and his projects always remind me of mystery, magic, and Halloween.  Don't miss seeing the wonderful posts there!

Some Supplies (don't forget to check back after September 1st):
#115616 - Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon
#119239 - On Board Alphabet Soup
#102023 - Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
#108431 - Jumbo Eyelets (Antique Brass)
#108432 - Jumbo Eyelets (Pewter)
#121045 - Basic Black Cardstock
#118772 - Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz
#119279 - Bitty Bat Large Punch

.

9 comments:

  1. Spooky yet gorgeous! Your banner is fantastic Joanne, I love the little bats very cute!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful banner! Thanks for joining the SSSS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! this is so very pretty! what a variety of different papers but came together perfectly in one cohesive creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome banner for Halloween. You and daughter did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a WONDERFUL banner!!!
    thanks bunches for playin' with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your SPOOKY banner. Just perfect! keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice rosettes!! I love the papers you used too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, love the pleated rosettes!! great banner!!

    ReplyDelete