Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sweater Weather ...


Hello friends.  While visiting some of my favorite blogs this week, I happened upon a couple of delightful challenges that I just couldn't pass by.  The first challenge sets the mood and color with a gorgeous photo titled "Sweater Weather" over at Moxie Fab World.  Isn't it wonderful?  I'd love it ... in my size, please.  The second challenge provided the sketch from Lord Have Mercy.  It gives just enough to direction to define the shapes but then freedom for the right amount of embellishment.  Here are the images from both blogs ...


So ... with the inspiration of these two challenges, here is my project to share with you today.



My card base is Soft Suede cardstock layered with Crumb Cake.  The sentiment is from a Hostess Set called Afterthoughts and is stamped in Soft Suede Classic Ink.  The papers are scraps from my drawer and pulling the colors from the sweater - I think they blend beautifully, don't you?  Our Top Note Bigz Die was used on the polka dots and our Scallop Trim Border Punch gave interest to the fleur-de-lis print.  I added a flourish of pearls which don't show well on the photo but are very pretty on the card. 




The ribbon you may recognize as Early Espresso 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain.  It is so soft and ties beautifully - I absolutely LOVE this ribbon and have it in every color we offer.  Loops of  Victoria Crochet Lace is tied on with gold cording.  The flower is a gorgeous print of yellow and white made from flower shaped punches and dies .. here's a link to a video tutorial that will provide instructions.  The petals are "glitterfied" (feel free to double click on the image) with my favorite Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and the leaves are created with the 5 Petal Punch.

That's all for today.  Thank you for stopping by ... I enjoyed visiting with you! 

.

18 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING! LOVE all that you did with that FAB bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, love it! I am not great with this color shades but I really admired how you make them look so good together, it has to be someone with great color sense and you are one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous result from this challenge combo! Love the colours and that flower is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joanne! What a gorgeous approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Joanne! Congrats on your Trigger Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo wonderfully girlie....love it...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ! what a stunning card ! I love how you combined all the colors. BEAUTIFUL card =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, Joanne. The colors are just gorgeous together and that flower is just over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card; it took my breath away. This card is definitely a Trigger Target; it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful combination of pattern and that over the top 'o bit of trim! Congratulations on the Trigger Target

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! LOVE this card. Such a great combo of elements. Love the ribbon and flower. It's all so elegantly feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is one gorgeous embellished bow! Congrats on being a Trigger Target!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and a fantastic take on the inspiration photo! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love these warm neutral colours and your patterned paper is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete