Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pure and Simple

 
Hello everyone.  We have the bare bones of our Christmas tree up with the little ones waiting patiently for me to go get some new lights.  How do they burn out sitting in a box all year?  It's a mystery.  But before I go on my errands today, I wanted to share some inspiration with you.

There are so many talented artists in this field of stamping and creating, I am in awe of their work.  Surely I spend too much time wandering through different blogs and challenges amazed at what I see.  The City Crafter challenge this week is "Little Children" ... such sweetness to see there.  Play Date Cafe combines the colors of red, olive, and turquoise into a gorgeous combination.  The Waltzing Mouse sketch this week is simplicity at it's best and I tried to do the same ... keep it simple.  Here's a look at my inspiration -



Digging through my drawer of scraps, I found my three colors.  We often think of red and green together, especially this time of year, but adding just a little turquoise makes the colors sing!  The bow is made from my favorite ribbon (it ties like a dream) Old Olive Striped Ribbon.  I know it's a bit big but with so little embellishment on this simple layout, I thought the card could "carry the weight" ... so to speak.  I added another touch of red with a button from the  Candy Cane Big Designer Buttons collection tied on with Natural Hemp Twine.




I used the children sledding image from Welcome Christmas stamped in Basic Black Classic ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  The silhouettes in this stamp set are just beautiful.  Various dies along with our Decorative Label Punch created the layered shapes.  Edges were antiqued with the Distressing Essentials kit.  And I just couldn't resist placing a few Basic Pearls above the silhouettes and then raising the focal point with Dimsensionals.




Time to go get some lights and garland for the house ... thanks for visiting with me today!



.

16 comments:

  1. Love your card, that big bow is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card ... I love how this big bow looks ... just gorgeous ... thanks for playing along again at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous; perfect in very way. I am not so creative to combine a few challenges :). You did it and I think you did a perfect job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely creation, brilliant way to combine challenges, I still love your big bow as usual, and the image is oh so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bold papers, the little stitch there, the wildly large ribbon and vintage image! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, the ribbon is so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute holiday card, love that big bow! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful papers and lovely card! Lovely image. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely festive card Joanne! That silhouette image looks fabulous and that big bow is awesome! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at WMSC

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this in every way possible!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joanne,

    I love this card. It is so good how the papers go together so well and that bow is perfect.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Joanne
    Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Card!

    Congrats!!

    **Sony**
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOOOOOOOOVE this card--that bow is just LUSH! LOVE your entire card--all the details are perfect:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!! We appreciate and love our players:}

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous! love the big bow and image. thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the big bow. Thanks for joining us at WMSC

    ReplyDelete