Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Amazing

   
There are a few things that have recently happened that I find absolutely amazing.  One is the friendship I find here on my blog.  I had no pre-conceived notions of what would happen when I started blogging.  Now I feel as though I have friends who share a common creative spirit all around the world!  I am so honored that Clare Buswell chose me to receive this incredible award!  I am beyond excited and forever thankful for this gift!




Part of accepting this award is to:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.  Thank you Clare!
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pass it on to 8 bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award

Eight things about myself?  Oh my ... here goes -

1.  It's quite obvious I love to paper craft.  I have dabbled in many other crafts in the past - sewing (as long as I don't have to follow a pattern), knitting, crocheting, embroidery, and macrame (yes, I too made the plant hangers and the owls with beads for eyes). 
2.  I began playing the cello in 4th grade and was in the orchestra all thru my school years.  My summers were spent playing in the pit orchestra with my small town theater group.
3.  I'm actually a mechanical engineer (funny, huh?).
4.  I love to garden and have no yard.  Yes, that's right ... no grass to mow -  just perennials, annuals, and trees!
5.  I love hockey!  Watching not playing, of course....GO WINGS!  As for playing a sport - I've been a golfer since I was a little girl.
6.  I have a group of dear sweet friends over every month to play with my stamping toys and try new paper techniques.  Some of them I've known for nearly 10 years - when I first became a Stampin' UP demonstrator.  They are the BEST group of ladies you could ever call "friends"!
7.  I love to read and my favorite novels are historical fiction.
8.  My son and I are members of the National Audubon Society and enjoy a number of feeders/bird houses scattered throughout the garden.

Now to share 8 terrific fellow bloggers (in no particular order) with you ... I visit them often!

1. Cherry's Jubilee
2. Artistic Bliss
3. Midnite Lullabies Studio
4. Ginny's Place
5. To scrap or not to scrap
6. What Happens Next
7. Cupcake's Creations
8. Sylvia's Stamp Corner

Thanks for spending time with me and do pay a visit to the ladies listed above.  They would love to hear from you.  I have a project to share with you tomorrow ... see you soon!


.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award, you are well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and the award!! I will display it proudly on my blog and can't wait to read more of your blog;) I'm going to settle in with a cup of tea and get comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on receiving this fun award Joanne! So well deserved :) Fun to learn more about you! Thank you very much for passing this award on to me - feel so honored! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete