Friday, March 11, 2011

So very grateful ...

 
Hello, my friends.  Words can not express the joy in my heart as I return to my blog.  I won't bore you with my tales of woe ... but I must say I am so happy to have finally finished the last of my medications today.  When you have your health - the world is a much better place.

While being "down and out" these past weeks, I have visited all of your blogs and wished so much to be back in my craft room.  Finally ... I am able to share something new with you and what better way than to join Mona and her design team for this week's challenge CR84FN Color Challenge?  Just in the nick of time too!  Here's the gorgeous color combination ...



Don't you just love that quote?  Thanks, Mona, for the inspiration!

Here's what I have to share today ...


The card began with Crumb cake cardstock with edges brushed in a soft shade of off-white.  The funky orange print paper is from my scrap drawer and the bees along with the gentle honeycomb pattern is from Botanical Gazette.  The lace ... a piece from my dear sister-in-law, Shirley.  The ribbon is old Stampin' Up and the flower ... well, I've had that for ages.  A pin with a button, bead, and tag added is the perfect topper for my project.


The sweet little crown and funky rub-on are from my supplies.  Both are so fun for this card!

That's all for now.  I soooo want to jump into things with both feet but am trying to pace myself now that I feel just an itsy-bit better.  Thank you for stopping by today ... I've missed you!

.


14 comments:

  1. Joanne! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you were able to do a little crafting today. I'm so happy you are back. I've missed you and your lovely creations. Which is what your card is today. I love all of your paper choices and your embellishments are wonderful! Love that saying, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your beautiful work again, I hope you'll feel better soon!
    Hey, I sent something your way about 2 weeks ago, have you got it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon, your card is gorgeous, you did a wonderful job with color challenge. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you creating again Joanne! :) Your card is so beautiful! Great mix of PP, beautiful bow and I love that MF crown! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    P.S.~ My hubby finds & adds those sweet quotes with each and every graphic :) I will be sure to let him know you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne, I had no idea you were ill ~ best wishes for a speedy recovery. LOVE your card! LOVE the papers and the FAB flower and that wonderful lace! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful, love the orange and the gorgeous flower, such a funky card
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Hopoing you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Joanne!!! So happy you are able to craft again! Therapeutic isn't it?! And this card is STUNNING!!! The yellow flower is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen :) I love your layout too! Wow - I adore this card!!! Gorgeous take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanne - I do hope you're feeling better - and your card is so lovely and cheerful. Love the papers. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It;s good to see you back. And your card is just as stunning as your other handmade jewels. Such an elegant and chic take on these colors. Gorgeous!I love that little crown and that flower and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to see you again.. I just love seeing your creations.. I do hope you are doing well..
    This card is just amazing. It just make me feel happy looking at it..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful shabby/vintage inspired card. Love the little bees. Thanks so much for playing along this week at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Happy to see you back, Joanne! I have been missing your beautiful creations. This card is sunny and beautiful!Hope you continue to feel better! Hugs and have a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Joanne ... I love the freshness of this ... glad you are feeling better ... thank you for your well wishes ... I am much improved today too ... fingers crossed ..

    ReplyDelete