Sunday, March 27, 2011

A wren ...

    
Hello again friends.  The sun is shining here and the icicles are dripping into the garden.  The scene gives me hope that spring is near.  I know my tulips (those that the deer and squirrels haven't carried away - sigh) are hiding beneath the ice and snow.  They are one of my favorite flowers ... beautifully welcoming the new season ... I'll post photo's when they arrive.  The inspiration from The Play Date Cafe has me wishing ... for sunshine, warm breezes, flowers and butterflies.  Our little wren paid us a visit yesterday ... my son and I stood silently at the window watching and listening to his (or her) sweet song ...cherishing the moment.


Have you noticed the fabulous new flowers dotting the shabbiest of cards lately?  I have and I am head over heels in love with them.  So today I found an old cardboard box (plenty of those around here) and had fun making this for you ...


I used a flower die to cut my shapes.  They were painted a soft creme and the edges brushed with a light brown (I'll do better at that next time ... promise).  Some holes made with this Paper-Piercing Tool gave added interest.  The buttons are from the Subtles Collection.  The vintage music sheet and fabulous lavender lace are both from my SIL Shirley ... yep, she's fabulous too.  The blue print can be found in a package of Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper - I added a single word rub-on.  Seam binding dyed with Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant Classic Inks makes for a wonderful bow.  The little tag was created with an old set I've held on to and the Jewelry Tag Punch ... so cute peeking out from under the button.  Here's another photo ... kind-of a "close up".


Thanks so much for stopping by ...enjoy your day!

.

19 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I like the purple and blue together! I rarely use purple, but this inspires me to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Joanne!!1 FAB use of the PDCC colours!!! THanks for joining us at The Play Date CAfe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Joanne! Love the vibrant aqua blue button and that pretty lavender lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo beautiful.. Those flowers are so pretty.. I can't wait to see photos of your flowers. Hope you have a great week!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Joanne ... i love the ribbon treatment and such pretty and creative flowers ... have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely soft interpretation of the colours Joanne :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty, you worked the colors really well! love your bow, the trim at the top and your fab flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I am so going to make some of these cardboard flowers. Love all the texture. I just got that piercing tool from SU too. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so beautiful, Joanne! You do have a way with bows. Yours are always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so "happy", Joanne. It gives me hope that Spring is on the way with the beautiful bright blue and soft lavender colors. Your card board flowers are fabulous. Haven't seen those before. And of course your bow is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooooo pretty - you've matched up so many different things that work so well together. Love that shade of purple. Thanks so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Joanne, another one of your gorgeous creations has caught my eye! I looked at the thumbnail size photos in our Play Date Cafe gallery and knew right away that I loved it. So glad you could join us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful, Joanne! LOVE the combination of those patterned papers with that scrumptious, lavender bow and length of lace! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fresh and fun! LOVE that scrunchy ribbon and the music sheet background is fab! Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful, and I love the wrinkled seam binding and that sheet music is just the perfect touch! I loved having a look around your blog! Beautiful work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OHHH! I love this card--that wrinkled seam binding is SOOOOOOOO beautiful! PLEASE email me and tell me how you did it! I love those types of bows but can never make them!

    I love the music sheet too! BEAUTIFULLY done:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have some catching up to do and you won at PDCC!!!!! Woohooo; so well deserved. Your card is a handmade jewel; love love love it!
    Enjoy your win; you are so talented and deserved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, Joanne, congrats on winning Cup of The Week at PDCC! I'm happy for you. Enjoy your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joanne, I was going to tell you that you should WIN with this card and now I see that you did! YEAH! This card is so GORGEOUS! LOVE the pierced holes in the flowers and those flower buttons! That ribbon and your papers are FAB and I LOVE that purple lace trim! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete