Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lipstick happiness ...

It was a simply gorgeous weekend here and I do hope you had the same.  I spent time in the garden, a sorely neglected task which still not complete.  But when is gardening ever "done"?  A bit of weeding, digging, pruning, and a few flats of "Lipstick" impatiens and my little world is a better place.  Don't you love that name ... "Lipstick"?  They are a delicious blend in shades of pink and raspberry.  I love them.  Perhaps I'll have a moment to post a few photo's later this week ... 'til then I have this to share.

Kirsty and the Design Team over at The City Crafter are celebrating "firsts".  The first day of summer (or winter depending on your location) was just this past week.  Of course there are first anniversaries, first homes, and especially first birthdays.



My project is brighter than I am used to or comfortable with.  However, who can celebrate a first birthday without some cheer and bling?  Beginning with Whisper White card stock, printed papers were mixed, matched and layered.  A new collection being released next week includes those luscious stripes and adorable pink numbers (I'll have more to say about that soon).  The crown comes from Artistic Etchings. The chipboard is painted and "glitterfied" with Dazzling Diamonds and Chunky Essentials glitter.



The bow is seam binding dyed in So Saffron Classic ink.  Two punches created the tag ... Large Tag and Pinking Hearts Border.  With the sentiment in pink and a button from Design Buttons - Subtles collection ... I think it's sweet.  The pin is a Viola original - fabulous ... just like her blog banners!


It was so nice of you to visit ... thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Oooooooowwwww, BABY! What a breath takingly WONDERFUL 1st Birthday card - gosh! I love seeing your inspiration and marveling how you went from that to THIS magnificent card! Wonderful, wonderful work! Yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are good at those brighter tones as well as your soft ones, this is as lovely as it could be, adorable tiny tag and I always love your seam binding, gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A www. This is just gorgeous, Joanne. I love the colors and how you used the new papers together. Your seam bindin is a beautiful shade of yellow and I love those stick pins you keep showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked these bright colors Joanne! Love the shimmery scalloped frame and number 1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is beautiful. I just love these colors you used. And your sparkly frame looks perfect.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is sooo lovely ... I adore the colours and the cute little crown just makes it so special ... thanks so much for joining us again at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe a bit out of your comfort zone but you always create gorgeous cards. And this is another one that makes me swoon :)
    Joanne as ususal; your card is filled with gorgeous details. And your bows are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous, Joanne. That chipboard frame color is amazing... I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly GORGEOUS! Could not LOVE this more! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally cute card. Love the scalloped frame for the number 1. I often wonder who gets to name all the colours of the plants - could be a fun job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always a great fan of 'bright' and your card is perfect! Love your mix of papers, ribbon & sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came the other night to congratulate you and could not comment. Found out yesterday from Amy T. that it was Internet Explorer and needed to use Firefox, so here I am!

    First of all congrats on both of your wins, the one here and the one for your Tuesday Trigger. Both cards are just beautiful. This card just captured the photo perfectly and the trigger was fabulous. I never noticed the yellow in the blankets. Hope you are having a great week and you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Parabéns pelo cartão vencedor!!! realmente é lindo demais!!!

    ReplyDelete