Friday, June 24, 2011

Welcome sunshine ...

Hello friends, the weekend is finally here and after these past waterlogged days ... I welcome the sunshine.  Forecasts predict blue skies and perfect temperatures for the next couple days.  Just what I need to catch up on my gardening.  My son, a young Marlin Perkins (I'm dating myself), is looking forward to all of the digging and planting.  I must admit,  I am too.

The Moxie Fab World blog has a Tuesday Trigger this week that I absolutely love.  The colors are so soft and the title "A Lovely Lullaby" perfect for the photo.  Just look at these gorgeous shades of blue, gray,  yellow and vanilla ... what's not to love?


My project began with Very Vanilla card stock and layers of pretty prints in shades of blues with some gray polka dots.  Those sweet little baby quails following their mother?  From the Happy Together stamp set.  The greeting is a new favorite ... Happy Greetings.  I love it!  A bit of lace, a button, and I'm almost done ...


 The seam binding is dyed in So Saffron Classic Ink.  A white felt flower with a cheery yellow center (a bit stronger than the inspiration) was added just because it makes me smile.  The pin is a Viola original.


Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me...I enjoy your visits!

19 comments:

  1. beautiful! that quail set has been on my wish list: so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Joanne; such a beautiful mix of elements. Your use of colour, as always, is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and soft, and I love the adorable birdie image too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful ... love that stamp set too ... great take on the challenge ... have a great day Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne you sure know how to nail a challenge :)
    And as usual; you make me sigh and stare. There are so many gorgeous details on your card. That birdie stamp is a cutie and your choice of papers is spot on. And I am ALWAYS in awe of your bows.
    This is so gorgeous!

    I also Have to catch up with gardening; there are a few days coming up with lots of sun and higher temperatures; perfect to spend a lot of time outside!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! And I love the cluster on the ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card Joanne! Those little birds are darling and I love that pretty flower embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, Joanne. The seam binding is a beautiful color and love the felt flower embellishment. Lovely card for a new little someone! And you didn't even need a baby set! The little birds are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Joanne! Fabulous tirrger interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card. I love those little birds on the bottom..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Joanne! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow...as if I needed an excuse to pine for more bird stamps...now I NEED those quails. Your entire design is just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. from Becca: congrats on being announced as a Moxie Fab TT winnder! The card creation is amazing! Lots of great details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Joanne! Hugs! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful! Congrats on your TT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely, lovely take on the TT. Congratulations on the shout-out on MFW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute quail image and love the DPs and touch of lace you added to the card.

    ReplyDelete