Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Autumn

Hello everyone!  Are the leaves showing their fall colors where you are?  We are beginning to see some beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange here in Michigan.  Although my state can be bitterly cold and very snowy, I do so love the changing seasons we have.  Every one a bearing different gifts.

I've been away for a week, but having lots of fun playing with this and that.  Crocheting sweet flower shaped face scrubbies for my daughter with the softest of organic cotton ... so wonderful to work with.  Stocking up on doilies too ... you can never have too many.  I have more to tell but I don't want to ruin my surprises.  I'll share more as the days go by.  I thank you for your patience as I visit all your blogs.  I'm sure it will take me a while to catch up.

For today's post, I began with Very Vanilla cardstock then layered it with musical notes and an adorable orange polka dot print from Just Add Cake.  I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the new Side Notes.  They are heavy weight, pre-cut and absolutely wonderful to work with.  Here I added a simple line of pearls to one of the many "Side Notes" I received. 




My flower is created from a variety of materials including burlap, linen, different laces, and even a crocheted doily I made layered in amongst the shabby goodness.  The yellow flower was a surprise found while I was hunting yellow beads for my pins.  Amazing things can be found when you reach way, way, way baaaack in your cupboards!  The leaves you may recognize as corrugated cardboard ... re-purposed with a leaves die and a bit of acrylic paint.



Mona and her design team over at CR84FN Color Challenge have a lovely autumn color scheme to play with.  These gorgeous photos have me thinking of cornstalks, cattails, and pampus grasses for the front porch.  I love that the quote is about friendship ... wonderful words.



Ros provided the beautiful images this week at The City Crafter inspiring us with the universal language of music.  I love the vintage music sheets my SIL sent me - it's almost a shame to cut them up but they do bring such joy to re-use them in a new delightful way.




Thank you taking the time to stop by ... good night!

15 comments:

  1. Another of your beautiful cards Joanne! Gorgeous paper, side note and I especially love that frilly crochet piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely, love the warm fall colors and that label is wonderful too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne, I LOVE that polka dot paper paired with the music notes paper. Just gorgeous. Your bright, happy, shabby flower is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, once again a fabulous card made using a combination of different styled papers. Fabulous embellishment with the flower and different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Joanne! That crocheted piece looks fabulous and love the fun label! We don't have any fall foliage in Phoenix just lots of Saguaro Cacti! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous ... I love that sunflower ... gorgeous colours too ... so nice to see you back ... Thank you for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card. I just love sunflowers. They are such a happy flower.. Hope you enjoy your week my friend..

    So glad you played along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love every little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Joanne! Love the layered flower / doily.. gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This could not be lovelier! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful autumnal card, love the embellishment. I like the sound of your crocheted face scrubby, would make a nice gift.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutley beautiful Joanne! You always have the most delightful crocheted/floral embellishments! You should take at peek at tinywhitedaisies, they had the most beautiful crocheted/knitted?? roses a day or two ago...so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a magnificent flower and lace embellishment - so beautiful! And a lovely sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joanne, LOVE the sheet music from your SIL paired with that paper and your lace and flower focal point is STUNNING! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete