Sunday, January 22, 2012

Be My Valentine

Yesterday was wonderful.  Friends filled my afternoon with stamping, laughter, and great conversation.  Our monthly gatherings are a time to de-stress and enjoy the company of our "sisters".  It amazes me to think we've been doing this for over 10 years.  Some have come for just that long while others are newer to the group.  Regardless of who or how many attend, we are lovers of pretty papers, glittery embellishments, and one of a kind results ... kindred spirits appreciating our time together.

I crocheted hearts for everyone in a lovely coral to coordinate with these gorgeous papers.  They are from our newest collection being released in just a few days.  This sweet heart sits on up-cycled corrugated cardboard that has been brushed with paint and "glitterfied" with mica flakes along with Beau Chateau paper in soft shades of blue print shaped with the Decorative Label Punch.



The bow is made of Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon and hand dyed seam binding.  Decorative pins from Viola and a button with natural hemp are added for texture.


Finally, the banner is from Sweet Cake, a new stamp set in our Occasions Mini Catalog (there's a link over on the left if you want to see more).  The Chantilly Lace is beautiful with these papers.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I have more to share and will be back soon with another posting.  Until then ... enjoy your day!

10 comments:

  1. I know they were tickled pink with the darling little hearts you made for them Joanne! You did match it perfectly to those pretty papers. Beautiful card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! I like the blue accents! What a lucky bunch of ladies. I bet they were tickled to have a handmade gem from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always add so many gorgeous embellishments. I always enlarge the photo for a better look :).And you never cease to amaze me. This card has a look that I just love. Different textures and materials; topped off with one of your gorgeous crocheted hearts. Love it!
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Stella
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning design and gorgeous card! Love the details you layered and the way they are placed. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is simply gorgeous. Do you have a pattern for the heart? If so would you please share?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Joanne...this is just lovely!! Your friends are lucky to get to play with your handmade embellishments! The heart is so sweet and adds so much charm to this already charming card. So very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Joanne. Another example of lots of different elements all combining to make a glorious card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a great time with your friends. And your card is breathtaking. I love your little crochet heart and I always love the design of your cards.. So pretty!!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card ! gorgeous paper and beautifully mixed together ! I love those crocheted hearts , I would like to make some myself , could you give some directions ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the crocheted hearts (I need to learn how to do that ;) The use of these papers is just divine.

    ReplyDelete