Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mr. Bluebird ...

I do so wish that you all lived right around the corner.  Wouldn't it be fun to visit each others craft rooms?  I'd enjoy having you over for a "play date".  I'm sure you would open my eyes to new ideas and uses for all my "this and that" things I have squirreled away.  Sigh ... wouldn't that be fun?





I used some wonderful paper that I admit I have been hoarding.  I absolutely love this bird print and after walking through the park snapping shots of our local Eastern Bluebirds (I'm getting better with my new camera but there still is soooo much to learn) ... I knew it was time to pull out my favorite to share with you.  The bow combines Marina Mist Striped Ribbon with Bashful Blue Satin.  They are the super easy to tie the prettiest of bows and they come in so many colors.  I added an old button, a couple pins, and some Bakers Twine - another "must have" in all the available colors.  My banner uses a stamp from Apothecary Art.  It's a fabulous set with matching dies - I'll be sure to show you those soon but if you can't wait just click on the link!  

And here's my inspiration ... isn't he sweet?


Thanks for stopping by, my friends ... I hope our little feathered friend inspires you too.

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes I agree Joanne! And I know we would all be fast friends 😊 This is a lovely little bird on your "hoarded paper" ! You always put the most wonderful elements into your cards. I saw the sweetest teeny tiny bird on my walk with Max today. I don't know what kind, but oh was it CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be fantastic to have a play day with you Joanne. This is such a pretty card with the blue ribbons, I wouldn't think of putting those two blues together. A big thank you for showing me that the sentiment stamps that match the Apothecary Art set should fit in my ribbon banner dies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, it would be fun to live right around the corner. To sit and chat over some tea.. Sounds perfect.. Your card is gorgeous. I just love that big beautiful bow..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how very beautiful ... both your card and the bird ... just love the colours and the embellishments ... And yes it would be so wonderful to be near each other ... what fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another absolutely beautiful creation, Joanne! Love the soft bird image and the fresh spring-y colors you've put with it. And I love the little banner! I think I could take a whole set of different shaped banners with little bendable sentiments to fit--they just add such a pretty touch!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be the first to sign up for the playdate Joanne!!!
    love this card and everything about it...and the picture of the bluebird is awesome...let me know when you schedule the PD :D
    BEAR HUGS xxxx ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Joanne. The soft, sweet colors are definitely Spring! And that Marina Mist striped ribbon is on my list to order. You are doing great with your camera. That photo of the bird is just gorgeous and it's colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I wished I live nearby because I would love to learn from you. Your style is unique and there is always something lovely to look at when I am here. Awe...your birdie; and the combo of neutrals with a little splash of colros is perfect. I am in love with that blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhhhhhhhhhh wowow! It is so lovely and love that big chunky bow. Yes it would be fun to live closer..and have fun playing with paper! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ... I kinda missed seeing your lovely creations lately ... hope all is well with you ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your style is just exquisite! I love the bows you have been using, the hat pins are perfect on your little pieces of art. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards and there decoration is really beautiful......I loved the concept the most!!!!!!

    Creative Ideas

    ReplyDelete