Friday, June 15, 2012

School's out!

I can't tell you how happy I am that school is out for the summer!  While all the activities, performances and celebrations are fabulous and I couldn't be a prouder momma ... I am looking forward to quiet days spent with the kids at home.  We have trips, camps, volleyball, birding, and so much more fun things planned.  Hopefully some hours spent playing with papers and crocheting too.

Here's a little something to share with you - made for a special friend.  I'm having such fun making the crepe paper fringe that you may be seeing it for a while.  The crocheted flower is a new "made-up" pattern that I adore ... then of course I cover it with a stamped postage image.  I don't mind, layering makes the finished product all the more shabby.




Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visits and hope to have more to share soon!

13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. The fringing is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne this is simply dreamy! The sweet little birds and all of your charming accents...lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO gorgeous! I adore your style. Thank you for such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so missed seeing your beautiful creations ... this is so serene ... I love your crocheted flower with the stamp on ... so pretty ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Joanne! I'm sure your friend loved receiving something so heartfelt lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne; the "touches"of blue and the design of your card made me think of a bright, sunny summer at the beach. Gorgeous card; your crocheted flowers are stunning; this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful and stunning card with gorgeous colours of blue.
    I love your little crochet flower.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so Beautiful. I just adore you Crochet flowers.. So pretty.. Enjoy your summer my friend..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card with the pretty soft blues - just makes you want to say "ahh." Just gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely card , what a wonderful idea to use your crocheted flower in this way !!!

    Hugs, Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Gorgeous card, Joanne. I Love every element on this card. Your crochet doily is awesome.
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award for your wonderful blog. You can check out my stitching website for all of the info if you want.

    Ginny
    www.mytimestitching.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete