Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tags ...

Hello again.  Today was filled with a gathering of crafty friends.  Although we all work on duplicating the sample project, each turns out unique.  Something happens in the process as each of us stamp, cut, layer and assemble.  A bit of us seems to become a part of what we do ... making each project different from the other.  I think that's wonderful, don't you?  We get together once a month and I always enjoy their company ... I do wish all of you could come and join in the fun.

I have a couple delights to share with you today.  What could be happier than blue and yellow?  Yes, that's right ... blue and yellow polka dots!  Layered with a glitter house, button, and a bit of crochet (of course).  





While on vacation in sunny California years ago, my daughter wanted a day trip planned to visit Hollywood.  Never having been there, I admit I was curious to see some of the sights.  By the end of the day we found ourselves walking Rodeo Drive ... then somehow we were in Juicy Couture ... then, as if by magic, there appeared the cutest pair of pajama's in my hands ... exactly my daughter's size.  She was thrilled and so was I.  She got the pajama's and I got the tags!  Without a doubt the most expensive embellishment I have ever used is the tag from those pajama's - see it under the heart!?  I added a crown, a painted pink and glittered frame, a shabby pink crinkly bow along with my own crocheted doily and flower.



Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

10 comments:

  1. These are simply delightful Joanne! I am a HUGE polka fan so this one really tickles my fancy and the card with the PJ tag...dreamy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me too how everyone can come up with different things based on the same sketch or goods ... your cards are stunning as always ... I love the little house and your pretty crocheted doilies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow; just beautiful, Joanne! The first card is my favourite, although I do love the story attached to the second one. I so wish I could join in on your monthly craft days! I wouldn't get anything done, but I'd love to be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I really like sweet house and pegs on the sentiment on your first card - just adorable! And the crocheted flower and doily on your second card - just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could join that monthly gathering. It sounds lovely and looking at your card I am in awe. Due to the blue hee hee :) but also the design and the perfect mix and match. Your house is adorable. And your perfection in pink? Priceless:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two absolutely stunning and beautiful cards Joanne.

    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to join you guys for some crafting. How fun.. Love your cards and I had to smile when I read about the tag. I have quite a few tags from some clothes I bought.. Now I just need to use them.. I do hope you are enjoying your summer...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...both are just adorable. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your tags are gorgeous and the designs are perfect. Using the designer tag from her PJ's is a great keepsake of the beautiful day you had together. I enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am now a huge fan and am following your blog -- you are so beautifully and originally creative!

    ReplyDelete