Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bluebird






I had a fabulous day catching up with friends who had come over for an afternoon of card making.  We had such fun learning what was new in each other's lives and sharing our love of all things shabby!  A couple ladies brought a friend which made the time together even more special ... to share our day of "crafting" with someone new.

As you know, birds are a favorite pastime in this household so I couldn't pass up using this beautiful feathered friend.  The blues and browns look wonderful together pulled from the printed papers and coloring of the bird image.  I think that the fabric rose ribbon goes perfectly with her pearls and gives the whole project a very vintage feel.  I hope she makes you smile today ....


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I adore this ... Sounds like you really had fun with your friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Joanne! Vintage with a touch of romance thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure made me smile, Joanne. Such a sweet card. I love the rose ribbon trim and I am glad I bought some extra before it expired. Love,love the ribbon, of course and the added pearls on the bird is just the perfect touch. Glad you had fun stamping with friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joanne. Its so nice to see you. I just love your beautiful card. Its always fun to spend time with friend.

    Happy Tuesday..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne, I absolutely love this card... Color combo, bows and love the added touch of the pearls around the bird's neck... Sweet!
    ~Steff~

    ReplyDelete