Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Thoughts





These colors make me happy.  They make me think of summers years ago picking strawberries with my mother at a farm near my home town.  The days were sooo hot ... crouched in the dirt between the rows of berries but I loved it.  We'd take our quarts up the counter to be counted and paid for.  Then we'd head home where we'd make the best strawberry shortcake ever!

Starting with a strawberry and apple print of the same color family, I added a paper doily and some stitching.  A couple scalloped shapes in coordinating colors, a painted chipboard heart, and fussy cut apple with button were all layered on top.  A banner with a happy greeting and two self-adhesive gems were added in addition to a fancy folded green ribbon along the bottom and a bow with decorative pins.  Too sweet!

Thanks for letting me share today!

5 comments:

  1. Joanne this is simply dreamy! What a wonderful story behind it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! A jaw dropper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love those colours and your gorgeous bow! I used to take my son picking strawberries too ... Now he's all grown up and the fields have gone to make way for a football academy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card makes me happy too, love strawberries and green apples :-) lovely and fun card Joanne, I really enjoy your creations! Thanks for visiting my blog, truly appreciate it :-)
    ~Steff~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. I just love all the wonderful Layers going on here.. I always love your cards my friend.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete