Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to School




I didn't realize that it has been so long between posts ... how time flies!  Days have been filled with last minute outings that we've been wanting to do all summer.  As we are nearing the first day of school we find ourselves trying to fit in all that is left undone.  

I've decided to try my hand at some new photography techniques.  It's been over a year since I purchased my "not so new anymore" camera and I still have so much to learn.  My first experiment was using natural lighting.  So I put away my photo tent and headed for a southern facing window.  I must admit I like the results!  Maybe a bit too bright but not a bad start.

I crocheted this apple from a pattern found in a magazine.  I thought it was super cute and it goes so well with the bright colors and the adorable vintage stamped image.  I used to love it when school started and I feel the same excitement even now.  Layered in details and perfect for the season!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Joanne your crocheted apple is as sweet as can be!! What a perfect accent for this card, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest apple I ever saw!! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Joanne! I adore your apples. would you ever consider doing up various sizes and put them in your Etsy store?
    Beautiful card as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. I just love that crochet apple. I LOVE to take my photos with natural light as well. I Love playing with my camera.

    HOpe you have a happy week my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous beauty and your house sounds like mine this week with just a few days left to squeeze in what we didn't get to check out!

    I adore your crochet apple! It's something I wish I had learned to do!

    ReplyDelete